So, last week was basically a doughnut detox after the extreme doughnut eating at VegFest. It consisted of loads of salad and overnight oats. I wanted something simple and light for dinner after all the doughnuts, but my usual go-to salad seemed too summery. I needed something more autumnal… And what’s more autumnal than roasted butternut squash? Inspired by a salad topped with roasted veg I had at Dean & David, a salad restaurant in Hamburg, Germany, I decided to top my salad with roasted butternut squash and sweet potato, roasted courgette, roasted pepper, and roasted broccoli, with some toasted sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds to boot. For a dressing, I opted for a lemon miso-tahini dressing. It was fresh and light without being too light — absolutely perfect for autumn!
Autumn Roasted Vegetable Salad with Lemon Miso-Tahini Dressing
- Roasted vegetables (you can use any that you like – I used broccoli, courgette, pepper, sweet potato and butternut squash)
- Pumpkin seeds and/or sunflower seeds, optional
- Salad leaves
- 1.5 tbsp white miso
- 2.5 tbsp tahini
- 2.5 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- zest of 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 2.5 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Mix the miso, tahini, rice wine vinegar, nutritional yeast, lemon zest, lemon juice, water, and sesame oil together to form the dressing.
- The vegetables are up to your tastes. I recommend using your favourite roasted veg and seeds (the seeds add a nice crunchy contrast).
- Place a bed of salad leaves on a plate, top with the roasted veg and seeds of your choice, and top with dressing. The dressing will keep 3-4 days in the fridge.