BBQ Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Pizza
- Head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- One box Earth Balance mac & cheese, prepared according to instructions on package
- BBQ sauce, approximately 125g or around half a bottle
For the pizza dough (or buy a premade pizza dough base if you want to make this meal even faster and easier)
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp lukewarm water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C/400 F/gas mark 6. Put chopped cauliflower florets in a pan. Coat lightly with 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Prepare the mac & cheese according to package instructions and stir the roasted cauliflower and 1/2 the BBQ sauce in.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place on a greased baking tray. Preheat oven to 230 C/450 F/gas mark 8.
- Top the dough with the mac & cheese mixture and bake for 10-15 minutes at 230 C/450 F, until the edges of the crust are browned. Top with more BBQ sauce.
For the pizza dough
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let rest for 5 minutes, until yeast begins to foam.
- Add the oil, salt and flour and mix using a wooden spoon, incorporating the flour as much as possible. Knead the dough for 10 minutes, until it becomes soft and elasticky. Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a kitchen towl. Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It should double in size.
- When the dough has doubled in size, punch it down, then roll out the amount desired and put on a greased baking tray.