Tomorrow (Saturday 30th) is world Vegan Pizza Day! How are you planning to celebrate? Many restaurants are providing specials in honour of the day. If you’re in the US, London or Manchester Quarrygirl has an excellent map of where to celebrate Vegan Pizza Day:
View Vegan Pizza Day 2012!!! in a larger map
In London, celebrate at:
- Karma Free Pizza in Harrow are offering a special of one regular pizza and one portion of garlic bread for £10
- Ms Cupcake in Brixton will be doing pizza and pizza puffs
- Pizza Express (locations across London & UK) aren’t doing any specials but you can easily veganise many of their pizzas, just ask!
- Otto Pizza in Notting Hill aren’t offering a special as far as I know, but they have a vegan options (sometimes two) and they make their own cashew cheese. My favourite vegan pizza in London!
Or, make your own!
I have recipes for you:
- Chicago deep dish pizza stuffed with cashew ricotta and cashew on beer bread crust.
- Vegan goat cheese pizza encrusted with pear, basil and caramelised onions
- Or, browse Fuck Yeah Vegan Pizza (best website name ever!) for inspiration and invent your own new recipe!
Whatever you do, don’t forget to celebrate with a delicious vegan pizza. Yum!